Monday, May 16, 2011

#11 No Sherlock Required Here

One intelligent but dreamer of a kid spaces out everytime he's in class. In a class busy with projects and assignments, with blank papers on his desk, he constructs a rocket by stacking his coloured markers and has a one man space launch. Or he's caught doing something completely not required of him. He snaps out of a reverie when he's called on and often has a spacy look about him.

Growing tired of this I decided to investigate. Why should a well-spoken, seemingly well bought up child be so lost. So I said, "Jonathan, what do you do when you get home?" "I study for my exams," came the hesitant answer. "When it's not exam season what do you do? Do you watch a lot of television?" I tried again. "No, I play computer games," came the honest but apologetic reply. Now we were getting somewhere. "And what kind of games do you play?"

"I play SPACE RANGER 2."


Young astronaut
Of course he did!
Working with little uncomplicated people is... AWESOME!








Image from here

PS: The author is busy pursuing a course part-time hence the few and far between entries, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment